Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Making A Lizard Lounge

yesterday me and my mum made a lizard lounge. More like a mouse and lizard house! The area I chose to build it in was under a bush. Here is a picture of the bush here:
I use old bricks, tiles, branches, rocks, plastic debris, a flower pot with 2 cut door holes, leaves, a log for a lovely tree and concrete rubble. We went round and got materials for quite some time. We a bucket to carry materials in.


 I used tiles for most of the floor and a slide for mice/lizards cool off if their feet get too hot from the heated tile floor. There's a mouse hole too so hopefully we get some lizards and mice living in there.



 We found the activity on the DOC website. It's a kiwi guardian project. Kiwi guardians are people who look after our wildlife environment and you will get a badge for being a kiwi guardian.

7 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm going to have a hunt for that website. I can't wait to see if you find lizards!!! (Mice not so much!) I cant wait to see your badge too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-go/toyota-kiwi-guardians/take-action/attract-lizards-to-your-garden/

      this is the link!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Zach.
    This is a really cool blog post and I love the activity you shared. Well done for finding the guardian project and creating the lizard and mouse lounge area. I had a mouse in my bedroom recently which I didn't enjoy at all. We caught it and let it go near the compost heap. I hope it finds its way to your place. I wonder if other garden creatures will decide to go and chill out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-go/toyota-kiwi-guardians/take-action/attract-lizards-to-your-garden/

      Delete
    2. oink
      oink
      oink
      oink

      Delete